Mosques in Dubai malls

Bookmark and Share

M asha Allah. Another good story. Sheikh Mohammad, ruler of Dubai, has said all shopping malls there should have mosques.


Now I know that almost all do have their own praying areas, but his specific call to make it necessary is quite appreciable.
I remember when I was working in Dubai in the most poshest areas (on Sheikh Zayed Road), there weren't many or any mosque near by. There is not one on the main road itself. If one goes inside the localities behind the main road, there is one I believe, where everyone goes for Friday prayers.
It's a pretty sad situation. People can't walk to any mosque there.
Now I may be wrong. As there may be praying areas in towers like I know Emirates Towers has. But certainly an independent mosque whose minarets could be seen and from where Adhan could be heard wasn't anywhere to be seen on that business road.

May Allah increase the eemaan of the rulers and guide them to act in the welfare of Islam and Muslims.